Sunday, September 26, 2010

Just Cute Bears - Swirls & Bling

Over at Just Cute Bears the challenge for this week is "Swirls and Bling".  I'm using a Penny Black image called "Aiming to Please".  With all the gifts he's carrying, someone is going to be very pleased, indeed!


I colored my image with my Prismacolor pencils and gamsol and added some Stardust stickles to the package and the tree on the shopping bag.  I added a little glitter under the bear's feet to look like snow.  My background cardstock is embossed with snowflakes and swirls and I've added little pearls to the centers of the snowflakes. I used my Nestabilities to cut out and mat my image, and added some pretty red flowers, leaves, and pearl "bling" to the flowers.  I used PTI's Mixed Messages for the sentiment and tied it onto my ribbon with a little piece of floss.



Thank you for stopping by.  Be sure to check out the Just Cute Bears Challenge for more inspiration from the  DT.

Stamp:  Penny Black Aiming To Please
Paper:  Bazzill
Other:  Prismacolor pencils, gamsol, embossing folder, Nestabilities, flowers, pearls, glitter, leaf punch, tag punch, floss, ribbon

16 comments:

Sharon Keanly said...

I just love your card Anita. Flip... your colouring is superb... woweee... will have to get my pencils out and practice a bit more. This looks absolutely FAB!!! Love your design and colouring combo too. Have a super Sunday, hugs Sharon

Helen said...

Gorgeous card Anya - I love that ted...and the embossed background looks fab!
Helen x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Anita, you can't beat a white and red combo for Christmas! Beautifully coloured image and I'm really loving that embossed background.
xx :0)

Wishcraft said...

So cute! Love the embossed background with the pearls, looks lovely :o) Lisa x

pinky said...

I so love this card, the white and red are so striking together and what a bear!!
Pinky

Kerry said...

This is so pretty Anita..you can't go wrong with a PB stamp! Love the embossing folder you used for the background and as usual your colouring is beautiful :-D xx

Kat said...

This is gorgeous Anita. Love that embossing, it's really pretty. The image is so cute and you've coloured him beautifully.

Kat xx

My name is Wynneth said...

It's beautiful Anita, I love the colours you used and the image is soooo... cute! What a great idea to add pearls to the centre of the snowflakes :O)
hugs
wynneth
x

Lisa Jane said...

beautiful card - love that embossed background
Lisa ;)

Little K Smith said...

Aawww love this Anita! Adore the little bear, gorgeous colour combo, love the embossing with the pearls and gorgeous red roses too!
Kelly.x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Anita :-) the image is adorable and your colouring is perfect :-) Love the papers and embellies too :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Mary J said...

Gorgeous, Anita! Lovin' those pearls - brilliant idea! Gonna have to steal, I mean borrow that idea!

Annie said...

he's an adorable teddy bear, such a cheerful card and I love the splash of festive red!
hugs, annie x

funky farm scrapbook barn.co.uk said...

WOW!!!! I love this card, so cute and that embossing with glitter is fabulous!
Looking forward to seeing everyone's creations tomorrow xx

snailzpace said...

oh, how cute! beautiful colouring and i love the bright red roses.

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh, Anita....I love this!! So beautiful. What a great idea to add the little pearls to the center of the snowflakes. Gorgeous coloring.